Shaw Music Studios has two recording studios: "Studio A" and "Studio B". Studio A is the larger, full service Studio. It is multifunctional, catering to solo artists, bands, live instruments and voice overs. Jonathan G. Shaw is the lead engineer and producer in this Studio.
Studio A's facilities include a control room and studio area. The control room (also known as "the crib") houses the super computer, musical instruments, keyboard, studio monitors, pre-amp and headphone amp. It is the heart of technical operations in Studio A. Built for comfort, the studio area in Studio A (also known as "the boom box") is spacious as well as very functional. In contrast to the control room it has a funkier look and provides an ideal acoustical space to accurately record.
STUDIO A EQUIPMENT
Equipment used in Studio A includes:
- A UAD Apollo running on a Mac Pro Two computer;
- Yamaha NS10M and HS80M studio monitors along with a common household portable CD player;
- Universal Audio LA-610 pre-amplifier;
- Rupert Neve Portico 5012 Duo Mix Preamp;
- Avalon U5 Direct Box;
- M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 MIDI controller;
- Behringer Power-Play Pro 8 headphone distributor;
- Roland V-Drum TD-4K electronic drum kit;
- Neumann U87ai microphone;
- Neumann KM184 matched pair microphones;
- Shure SM57 instrument mic;
- AKG D112 bass mic;
- and Behringer C-2 acoustic mics.
- Instruments used include an Ibanez Prestige 8-string electric guitar;
- Fender USA 5-string Jazz Bass;
- Seagul 6-string steel string guitar;
- and Yamaha nylon 6-string guitar.
- The rooms are acoustically treated with top-of-the-range Auralex Studio Foam which provide an incredible look and sound as well as out-of-this-world Modular Muse 400DIA MuseTube bass traps.
Software utilised is:
- Pro Tools 11;
- Reason 6.5 with various refills;
- Antares Auto-Tune 7;
- Native Instruments Komplete 9;
- Waves SSL 4000 and Diamond bundles;
- Universal Audio UAD plugins;
- Sibelius 7; among others.
© 2020 Ibilion Records cc t/a Shaw Music Studios. All rights reserved. Reg. No.: CK 2006/127489/23